3ware 9650SE SATA II hardware RAID controllers deliver industry-leading RAID 6 and RAID 5 performance, robust fault tolerance, and multi-terabyte capacities. A PCI Express host interface, Multi-lane™ connectivity, StorSwitch™ architecture and sophisticated SATA II features drive this unrivaled performance.
The Best Keeps Getting Better
The 9650SE PCI Express to SATA II RAID controller pushes 3ware's established leadership in RAID controller performance to new heights. While 3ware controllers continue to lead the market in RAID 5 performance, the 3ware 9650SE outshines the competition as the new standard bearer for RAID 6 performance, delivering over 800MB/s RAID 6 reads and 600MB/s RAID 6 writes.
Red Hot RAID 6
3ware's parallel XOR RAID 6 parity generation algorithm maximizes RAID 6 throughput, so that RAID 6 enabled 9650SE controllers deliver unequaled RAID 6 performance
3ware 9650SE Features
- 8th-generation StorSwitch™ non-blocking switched architecture.
- On-board I/O RISC processor and RAID offload provides true hardware RAID.
- SCSI device driver model to take advantage of the benefits of SCSI using inexpensive Serial ATA drives .
- Bootable array support for greater fault tolerance.
- Variable stripe size for performance tuning by application.
- 64-bit LBA support.
- ATA pass-through mode support.
- Up to 512MB DDR2 533 memory with ECC protection. (see table below)
- 32 pooled DMA channels.
- Complete configuration management suite.
- 3ware BIOS Manager 2 (3BM2) – easy to use BIOS configuration tool.
- 3ware Disk Manager 2 (3DM®2) – browser-based management tool.
- Command Line Interface (CLI) – scriptable configuration tool.
- SNMP support.
- SMTP support for email/pager notification.
- ATA/6 and Out of band (OOB) staggered drive spin-up support.
- Auto carving allows LUNs > 2TB to be divided into multiple units for legacy operating systems limited to 2TB max. per LUN.
- Battery Backup Unit (BBU) support.
- Multiple logical unit sizes and RAID levels on one card.
- Multiple card support within a system for large storage requirements.
- Hot-swap and hot-spare support for data availability.
- Dynamic sector repair for robust data protection.
- S.M.A.R.T. disk drive monitoring for reliability.
- Emergency Flash Recovery protects against failed firmware upgrade.
- Drive activity LED support.
- Online Capacity Expansion and RAID Level Migration.
- Enhanced data protection with write journaling for non-redundant arrays and accidental drive removal.
- Drive insertion and removal notification.
- Array/Drive Status and drive identification LED support. (requires 3ware Chassis Control Unit-enabled backplane)
- Chassis Control Unit for enclosure management via I2C.
Operating System Support
Microsoft® Windows® 2003/XP/2000, Red Hat Linux, SuSE Linux, Fedora Linux, 2.4 Linux kernel, 2.6 Linux kernel, FreeBSD; 32/64-bit driver support for Windows, Linux and FreeBSD For complete OS listing, Go to: www.3ware.com/support/OS-Support.asp